Recently the long-awaited official HDHomeRun support for select Roku players finally arrived. Now you could watch your antenna through your HDHomeRun on your Roku. Now SiliconDust is updating the HDHomeRun Roku Channel to add DVR support.
“We are excited to announce the next version of HDHomeRun for Roku, now with DVR playback support. This is still a beta product, but we’re excited enough about what we’ve been doing that we think it’s time to share.” Nate Betzen said in a statement on SiliconDust’s website.
New features with this release include:
- DVR playback
- Fast forward and rewind
- Stop a recording you’re watching on one device and pick it up on another
- Progress info: Episodes and movies that have been stopped midway will show a progress bar indicating where they stopped
- Channel recall – if you hit the back-circle button, you’ll switch to the last channel you were watching
- A new, updated theme that’s a bit easier to read
- Episode info on playback and live TV by hitting the OK button
Have you tested out the new DVR features on the HDHomeRun Roku Channel? Leave us a comment and let us know what you think.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!