Today Time Magazine announced that it will launch a new free streaming channel on Amazon’s ad-supported service, Freevee.
This new channel will offer news coverage, profiles, interviews, documentaries and more, including content from TIME’s globally recognized franchises and events, such as the TIME100, Person of the Year, Women of the Year, TIME100 Talks, and others.
The TIME channel launches with a slate of new programming, including:
- TIME Reports: TIME’s signature news magazine series featuring stories about the people, places, and news events that are shaping our lives, hosted by TIME journalists.
- TIME Docs: Short documentaries highlighting a variety of important topics from the world’s leading filmmakers.
- Profiles in TIME: Interviews with the most influential people in the world, from Bill Gates to Taylor Swift to Angelina Jolie.
- World News: Breaking news and analysis of the major global events of the day.
- Politics & Ideas: Stories about politics, public policy, elections, social justice, and civil rights—featuring the voices and perspectives of newsmakers and thought leaders from around the world.
- TIME for Health & Science: Stories about innovations and breakthroughs in science, health, technology, and climate.
- TIME Off: Stories about pop culture, entertainment industry news, and viral moments.
- World News, Politics and Ideas: Daily coverage of world news, politics, and impactful ideas.
- TIME Documentaries and Film: Select feature-length films and series from TIME Studios.
“TIME’s new FAST channel advances our mission to provide trusted coverage of the people, events, and issues that impact the world,” said TIME Digital GM Jeff Li. “The channel will be the 24/7 home for TIME’s video content, providing an in-depth look at the world through the lens of TIME’s respected journalists and events and offering TV audiences access to our deep archive of documentaries and profiles.”
“TIME has been a leader in the digital video space for many years and we are dedicated to creating best-in-class news and documentary reports to help our viewers understand and connect with what is happening in their world,” said Executive Producer of TIME Video Justine Simons, “Our collection of profiles and interviews give our audience new insights into the most well known people on the planet as well introduce them to up-and-coming superstars, innovators, and leaders. Our goal is to entertain, inform and engage and we think a FAST channel is an exciting new way to share our journalism as widely as possible.”
Amazon’s Freevee is available on Roku, Fire TV, the web, iOS, Android, and more.