Summer is nearing a close, but there’s still plenty of time to take advantage of the lazy summer days and develop a new skill or hobby. Chances are, your schedule this summer has been especially tame compared to other years, so why not use that extra time to stay entertained and find some new interests at the same time? Make the most out of your Fire TV by utilizing all the free apps available for the streaming device.
Here are some ideas you can get behind to keep you inspired and busy for the rest of summer with your Fire TV:
- Have you always wanted to be a chef? Take your cooking skills to the next level with the interactive cooking classes from Food Network Kitchen. Learn from the culinary experts and chefs at Food Network and up your dinner party game with useful tips and recipes for the kitchen. Plus, any Fire TV Echo Show, or Fire Tablet owner in the US gets a complimentary one-year subscription. Covered in flour? Go hands-free with Amazon Alexa Fire TV and she can help you create shopping lists, calculate measurements, and control your smart home for you while you cook.
- Discover the ultimate place for how-to videos: YouTube. With 50 million users creating content, there’s a tutorial for any skill you’ll want to learn. From learning makeup tips, knitting, baking, painting, or repairing a car, YouTube is the quintessential hub for visual learning.
- Watch a summer concert from your living room with Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, or a browser app like Firefox.
- Teach your kids to communicate with sign language on the My Signing Time app on Fire TV. The app includes 58+ videos that teach ASL, with new content being added regularly. Research shows that sign language can speed up speech development, can act as a bonding experience for parent and child, and gives children a means to communicate prior to learning how to speak.
- Get inspired with the TED Talks app on Fire TV. Their amazing speakers are experts on topics ranging from science to business to global issues and will feed your curiosity, spark conversation and leave you feeling inspired. On the app, the homepage includes recommended talks updated every day.
- Fire TV users can do family workouts in their living rooms, or other wellness activities like meditation, with wellness apps like Peloton, Beachbody on Demand, Calm Radio and more.
- Make learning a daily experience and learn from the best with MasterClass on Fire TV, which offers online classes created for students of all skill levels. Hone a skill like or dive into something new with lessons from Natalie Portman, Dr. Jane Goodall, Martin Scorsese, Gordon Ramsay, and many more. With the Fire TV app, take each next lesson as you are ready: binge, skip ahead, repeat until you’ve got it down.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.