Here is everything new on BritBox in November 2017.
- November 1st: The Coroner: Season 1 – (BritBox Premiere) – Claire Goose (Waking The Dead, The Bill) stars in this crime-solving drama series set against a beautiful coastal backdrop.
- November 1st : Armadillo (BritBox Exclusive Premiere) – Adapted by William Boyd from his best-selling novel, comes the story of Lorimer Black– handsome, clever, insomniac whose life is turned upside down when he stumbles upon a dead man.
- November 8th: Five By Five (US Exclusive Premiere) – Five writers. Five characters. One story. Set in London, the special is made up of five standalone films featuring chance encounters people face which question identity and change perception. At the center is a teenager looking to make his mark, but reality doesn’t quite deliver. A happenstance leads him to make a dangerous decision, starting a chain reaction that plays out across these five connected short films.
- November 11th: The Lord Mayor’s Show (US Exclusive Premiere/”Now” LIVE Title) – One of the most ancient and impressive of London traditions continues this year as the new Lord Mayor of London processes through its historic center on route to swear their allegiance to the Crown. With over 140 floats of pageantry and military bands joining the parade, it’s a spectacle that attracts huge crowds to the city.
- November 12th: Remembrance Sunday: The Cenotaph (US Exclusive Premiere/”Now” LIVE Title) Remembrance Sunday is the annual event from The Cenotaph in Whitehall that commemorates the contribution of all British and Commonwealth military and civilian servicemen and women in the two World Wars and later conflicts. For the first time Her Majesty The Queen will observe proceedings from the balcony of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office where below The Prince of Wales and other members of the Royal Family will take part in the wreath laying. The Prime Minister, leading politicians, governments of the Commonwealth, the Armed Forces and Faith Leaders join thousands of veterans for the Two Minute Silence and a short Service of Dedication, followed by the march past of serving and ex-service men and women.
- November 15th: Porridge (US Exclusive Premiere) – The iconic prison-based comedy returns with a modern twist, written by original creators Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais. Several years after his grandfather’s prison days, Nigel Fletcher – ‘Fletch’ to his friends – in an almost identical situation uses his charm and wit to navigate life in Wakeley Prison.
- November 15th: Are You Being Served (2016) (US Exclusive Premiere) – The much-loved comedy classic returns, as part of the BBC’s landmark season celebrating 60 years of sitcoms. Written by National Television Award-winner Derren Litten, this one-off special brings some of situation comedy’s most memorable characters back to life with an all-star cast.
- November 15th: Young Hyacinth (US Exclusive Premiere) – Young Hyacinth is a prequel to comedy classic Keeping Up Appearances, by original writer Roy Clarke. It’s the late 1950s, and Hyacinth dreams of her own home, matching china, and a bedroom painted in pastel shades. Sadly, Hyacinth’s sisters Daisy, Rose and Violet don’t live up to her high standards. They all live together in a crowded canal cottage, along with Hyacinth’s darling daddy, a part-time brush salesman with a drinking problem.
- November 18th: Churchill’s Darkest Hour (BritBox Premiere) – This landmark film takes a look at the darkest hour of one of the most remarkable heroes of the 20th century. Combining a fascinating re-evaluation of the epic and traumatic experiences of Winston Churchill in the First World War with his contributions as Britain’s greatest warlord.
- November 22nd: Mrs. Bradley Mysteries (BritBox Exclusive Premiere) – The legendary Diana Rigg stars in this classic whodunit set in the 1920s. Infamous, intuitive crime-solver Mrs Adela Bradley and her resourceful chauffeur, George, are on hand to solve five complex cases of blackmail, murder, sacrifice and mistaken identity with characteristic style and grace.
- I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here (US Exclusive Premiere/ ”Now” Title ) – The time has come for a brand new cast of celebrities to head down under and battle it out in TV’s toughest challenge. Leaving their plush pads and luxuries far behind, our celebrity campers will spend up to three weeks taking on the harsh surroundings of the Australian jungle, with a whole host of brand new nasty surprises created just for them as they battle for the title of King or Queen of the Jungle.
*Subject to change without notice.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.