Week of 6/26:
- July 1st: From Darkness (US Exclusive Premiere) – Former Greater Manchester Police officer Claire Church’s peaceful existence in the Western Isles is shattered when four bodies linked to her previous investigations are unearthed.
Week of 7/3:
- July 4th: The Persuaders! (BritBox Premiere) – Roger Moore and Tony Curtis reluctantly join forces in this action adventure comedy to right wrongs and to protect the innocent.
- July 6th: Song For Jenny (US Exclusive Premiere) – Emily Watson (Theory of Everything) gives a gut-wrenchingly affecting performance as a Bristol vicar whose daughter was killed in the London 7/7 tube bombings. Based on a book of the same name.
- July 8th: Upstart Crow (BritBox Premiere) – Comedy about William Shakespeare as he starts to make a name for himself. From Ben Elton, writer of Blackadder & Young Ones. Starring David Mitchell (Mitchell & Webb Show) and Gemma Whelan (Game of Thrones).
Week of 7/10
- July 11th: Mum – Series 1 (US Exclusive Premiere) – Lesley Manville (Harlots) stars in this sitcom about a woman attempting to move on with her life after the death of her husband.
- July 13th: NW by Zadie Smith (US Exclusive Premiere) -Multi-2017-BAFTA nominated drama from acclaimed novelist, Zadie Smith, stars Nikki Amuka-Bird (Luther) in this tense ode to London.
- July 15th: Jonathan Creek Seasons 2-4 (BritBox Premiere) – The most-watched series from the month of June, BritBox expands its Creek catalogue in July with the second, third and fourth seasons in which Alan Davies stars as a magician often called in to solve puzzling murders.
Week of 7/17:
- July 18th: Laurie & Hardy (BritBox SPECIAL EVENT) – BritBox will be showcasing select works of British actors, Hugh Laurie & Tom Hardy.
- Alfresco (BritBox Premiere) – A comedy variety show with spoofs on 80’s pop culture! Starring Stephen Fry, Robbie Coltrane, Emma Thompson and Hugh Laurie.
- A Bit of Fry & Laurie – A witty sketch show which made Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie household names.
- The Take (BritBox Premiere) – Starring Tom Hardy (Dark Knight Rises) and Brian Cox (Bourne films) in an intense crime story of London’s underworld adapted from Martina Cole’s book.
- Gideon’s Daughter – From Stephen Poliakoff and starring Bill Nighy, Miranda Richardson and Tom Hardy, a story of grief and celebrity, set in the intense spring and summer of New Labour’s election victory and Diana’s death.
- The Young Ones – Hugh Laurie makes a special appearance in this comedy about the crazy and sometimes surreal adventures of four very different students in Thatcher’s Britain.
- Oliver Twist – Tom Hardy stars as career criminal Bill Sikes in the adventures of the iconic orphan in Victorian London.
- July 20th: Dunkirk (US SVOD Premiere): What happened at Dunkirk in May 1940 must go down as one of the greatest escapes of all time. This BBC docudrama, narrated by Timothy Dalton, offers unique perspectives using archive footage, maps, CGI and commentary. The program also features Oscar nominee Benedict Cumberbatch in one of his earlier roles.
- July 22nd : Only Fools & Horses (BritBox Premiere) – Only Fools and Horses is the #1 most-watched program in the history of British television. For the first time 60 episodes of the popular show’s 7 series and 16 specials are coming to BritBox.
Week of 7/24:
- July 26th: Puppy Love (BritBox Premiere): From the creators of HBO’s Getting On, this sitcom is the story of love, dogs and the love of dogs. Set around The Wirral-based dog training classes the series follows two very different women – Nana V (Joanna Scanlon) and Naomi Singh (Vicki Pepperdine) as they navigate their headstrong dogs, impossible teenage kids and disappointing husbands.
BRITBOX’s MOST WATCHED (JUNE 2017):
Launched in March with most comprehensive collection of British television, across all genres BritBox offers thousands of hours of programming and series. From the unmatched BBC and ITV libraries to episodes of new specials and series airing in the UK within a day under its NOW banner, over the month of June, the most watched streaming series were:
- Jonathan Creek -Alan Davies stars as a magician that is often called in to solve puzzling murders.
- Touch of Frost – Only Fools & Horses’ David Jason stars in this TV detective series.
- Redwater – Broadchurch meets Ballykissangel in this Eastenders spin-off.
- Black Adder- #2 sitcom in UK, starring Rowan Atkinson, Hugh Laurie & Stephen Fry.
- Miss Marple – Agatha Christie’s preferred actress to portray her detective.
BritBox is just $6.99 per month. You can find Britbox apps on the Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile phones and tablets, as well as Chromecast and Roku.
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.