This weekend college football has their week 0 kickoff with a handful of games followed by a busy week of college football next week. This is the first time college football will happen since ESPN launched their new subscription streaming service ESPN+.
This means that over week 0 and 1, 33 college football games will air exclusively on ESPN+ including games with UL Monroe, UAB, and Eastern Michigan. In the past, these games would have typically streamed for free with ESPN3. Now you will need a subscription to ESPN+.
Not all ESPN3 games are moving to ESPN+. ESPN3 will still have 20+ games. The upside here for football fans is this could mean additional games get streamed that wouldn’t have under the old system. According to ESPN they will have ESPN+ coverage of college football, basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, track & field, gymnastics, swimming & diving, lacrosse, wrestling, volleyball, golf and more—from 20 conferences across the country.
Here are some of the sports events available on ESPN+:
- MLB– A daily game, seven days per week, throughout the regular season; more than 180 games that will include every MLB team.*
- NHL– Beginning with the 2018–19 season, a daily game throughout the regular season (in keeping with the NHL schedule), a total of more than 180 hockey games*—and on-demand replays of the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- MLS– The entire MLS LIVE out-of-market schedule with more than 250 games* this season, and the local-market home for the Chicago Fire, exclusively bringing 23 Fire matches to fans in Chicago.
- College Sports– Thousands of live events including football, basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, track & field, gymnastics, swimming & diving, lacrosse, wrestling, volleyball, golf and more—from 20 conferences across the country.
- Top Rank Boxing– Hundreds of live boxing matches including 18 ESPN+ exclusive Top Rank fight cards throughout the year, all Top Rank on ESPN undercard fights, re-airs of all Top Rank on ESPN and Top Rank on ESPN PPV bouts, plus weigh-ins and more.
- PGA Tour Golf– 50 days of coverage from 20 PGA tour events including the RBC Heritage, THE PLAYERS Championship, the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide, WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, and the FedExCup Playoffs.
- Grand Slam Tennis– Hundreds of men’s and women’s singles, doubles, and other matches, from the Australian Open, Wimbledon, and the US Open.
- Cricket– Hundreds of Test, ODI, and T20 format matches from New Zealand Cricket and Cricket Ireland.
- Rugby– Hundreds of matches from SANZAAR Rugby, the HSBC World Rugby Sevens series, and Major League Rugby.
- Canadian Football League– Nearly 200 games from Canada’s professional league.
- English Football League– Approximately 200 matches, including an average of four per week from Sky Bet Championship Playoffs, League 1 and League 2, plus six matches per month from the EFL Cup (beginning in August) and 16 matches per month throughout the EFL 2018–19 season.
- UEFA Nations League– Over 100 live matches from the newly created tournament. Pay TV customers with an ESPN+ subscription will be able to access the entire tournament including the 36 UNL matches on ESPN linear networks and ESPN3.
- United Soccer League– Approximately 450 USL matches this season.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.