ESPN+ is a online streaming service from ESPN that gives subscribers access to sports not airing on ESPN. Now ESPN is rolling up support for more devices including Samsung TVs and Oculus VR devices. Yet it does not stop there as ESPN has also announced that they will be adding offline viewing in mobile apps. This allows you to watch many of your favorite ESPN documentaries even when you are offline.
ESPN+ is a streaming service that targets cable subscribers and cord cutters. ESPN+ is made up of content you can’t get on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc. ESPN has been promoting the service to hardcore sports fans regardless of whether they have a cable subscription or are cord cutters.
Many have argued that ESPN+ is not a true cord cutting option because it does not replace anything you would get with a cable subscription. Instead, ESPN+ is more about giving hardcore sports fans additional sporting events on top of their live TV streaming subscription or cable subscription.
Here is what you can expect to find on ESPN+:
- MLB – A daily game, seven days per week, throughout the regular season, a total of more than 180 games that will include every MLB team.*
- NHL – Beginning with the 2018-19 season, a daily game throughout the regular season (in keeping with the NHL schedule), a total of more than 180 hockey games* — as well as on-demand replays of the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- MLS – the entire MLS LIVE out-of-market schedule with more than 250 games* this season, as well as the local-market home for the Chicago Fire, exclusively bringing 23 Fire matches to fans in Chicago.
- College Sports – thousands of live events – including football, basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, track & field, gymnastics, swimming & diving, lacrosse, wrestling, volleyball, golf and more – from 20 conferences across the country.
- Top Rank Boxing – Hundreds of live boxing matches, including 18 ESPN+ exclusive Top Rank fight cards throughout the year, all Top Rank on ESPN undercard fights, re-airs of all Top Rank on ESPN and Top Rank on ESPN PPV bouts, plus weigh-ins and more.
- PGA Tour Golf – 50 days of coverage from 20 PGA tour events, including the RBC Heritage, THE PLAYERS Championship, the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide, WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, the FedExCup Playoffs and more.
- Grand Slam Tennis – Hundreds of men’s and women’s singles, doubles and other matches, from the Australian Open, Wimbledon and the US Open.
- Cricket – Hundreds of Test, ODI and T20 format matches from New Zealand Cricket and Cricket Ireland.
- Rugby – Hundreds of matches from SANZAAR Rugby, the HSBC World Rugby Sevens series, and Major League Rugby.
- Canadian Football League – Nearly 200 games from Canada’s professional league.
- English Football League – Approximately 200 total matches, including an average of four per week from Sky Bet Championship Playoffs, League 1 and League 2, plus six matches per month from the EFL Cup (beginning in August) and 16 matches per month throughout the EFL 2018-19 season.
- UEFA Nations League – Over 100 live matches from the newly created tournament. Pay TV customers with an ESPN+ subscription will be able to access the entire tournament including the 36 UNL matches on ESPN linear networks and ESPN3.
- United Soccer League – Approximately 450 USL matches this season.
ORIGINALS – Exclusive, original content developed specifically for ESPN+, including original documentaries, docu-series and more.
SHOWS – New and exclusive ESPN studio programming devoted to multiple sports and sports topics.
LIBRARY – An unmatched sports archive featuring thousands of hours of on-demand programs and past sporting events.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.