Emmy Nominations were announced on Tuesday and streaming services held their own against other networks. These are the networks that earned the most nominations this year:
- HBO 137 (108 last year)
- Netflix 117 (112 last year)
- NBC 58 (78 last year)
- Amazon Prime Video 47 (22 last year)
- CBS 43 (35 last year)
- FX Networks 32 (50 last year)
- ABC 26 (31 last year)
- Hulu 20 (27 last year)
- Fox 18 (16 last year)
- Showtime 18 (21 last year)
- CNN 17 (10 last year)
- VH1 14 (12 last year)
- National Geographic 13 (17 last year)
- AMC 11 (1 last year)
Unsurprisingly, Game of Thrones was the series with the most nominations at 32. Here are some highlights from streaming service original series:
- Amazon Prime’s Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was just behind GOT with 20 nominations
- When They See Us, a Netflix Original, came in at 16 nominations
- Russian Doll on Netflix has 11 nominations
- Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale also earned 11 nominations.
Stars of streaming service originals showed up in many categories. Here are just a few names that appeared on the list of nominations:
- Robin Wright for Lead Actress in a Drama Series on House of Cards
- Christina Applegate for Lead Actress in a Comedy Series on Dead to Me
- Natasha Lyonne for Lead Actress in a Comedy Series on Russian Doll
- Jharrel Jerome for Lead Actor in a Limited Series on When They See Us
- Joey King for Lead Actress in a Limited Series on The Act
- Tony Shalhoub for Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series on Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Variety posted the full list of nominations here.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.