Today, Cinedigm announced that El Rey Network has launched on XUMO as both a FAST (free ad-supporting streaming TV) & VOD channel. The network is cofounded by Robert Rodriguez (From Dusk Till Dawn, Sin City, Spy Kids), John Fogelman and Cristina Patwa, and is a Latinx-inclusive, English-language channel that represents the changing face of America and the most culturally diverse generation in history.
“Robert Rodriquez, whose name is synonymous with creativity and innovation, has inspired a whole generation of filmmakers,” said Jennifer Soltesz, Vice President, Business Development & Strategy at Cinedigm. “More than ever, representation matters, and, with this channel, Rodriguez has given a platform for Latinos to tell their stories and define themselves. XUMO allows the El Rey Network to reach a massive new audience and, through this curated vision, will allow the channel to generate substantial advertising revenue among a key demographic in the growing AVOD & FAST space.”
Featured El Rey Network content includes:
- Rodriguez’s thoughtful conversations with creatives like John Carpenter and Quentin Tarantino in “The Director’s Chair”
- “Rebel Without A Crew: The Series” in which filmmakers set out to make their first feature under Rodriguez’s guidance
- “Lucha Underground” which introduces U.S. audiences to the high-flying, explosive moves of lucha libre, an ancient combat tradition as good and evil wage war in a gritty battleground called “The Temple.”
- Prolific Japanese Filmmaker Takashi Miike’s Yakuza’s Dead or Alive and Dead or Alive 2
- Iconic Blaxploitation Film The Final Comedown starring Billy Dee Williams
- Wes Craven’s influential horror franchise The Hills Have Eyes and The Hills Have Eyes 2
El Rey Network will join XUMO’s catalog of over 200 channels, reaching millions of viewers across smart TVs, web, mobile and set-top devices.