Update: DUSTx is live on their site now and Roku later this week.
“Since DUST’s inception, our mission has been to build a contemporary sci-fi brand. Today, DUST has a thriving community of more than 2M fans, showcasing varying content from up-and-coming creators to masters like George Lucas and Robert Zemeckis. We are also producing and releasing original feature films and TV series under the DUST label,” said Floris Bauer, co-founder and president, Gunpowder & Sky. “Having our own premium channel, and launching DUSTx, marks a natural and significant next step in the evolution of the brand.”
DUSTx is also launching a $10,000 short sci-fi film competition to help create new content for Dust and online streaming.
Here is how the competition will work:
- Filmmakers should submit an original short sci-fi film inspired by KIN’s tagline: “No bond is stronger than family.” All compliant submissions that explore the theme of family through the lens of science fiction will be considered.
- Submissions must have a total run time between 1 and 15 minutes.
- Submissions will be accepted between 9 M. Pacific Time on July 16, 2018, and midnight Pacific Time on August 20, 2018.
- The Baker Brothers, DUST, and Lionsgate will select the “winning” sci-fi short film based on established criteria of judging.
- The Baker Brothers, DUST, and Lionsgate will also select three films as runners-up to be eligible for the “DUST Audience Award.” The one winner of this award will be determined by a vote from the DUST community.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!