Disney+ announced it is now available on VIDAA, a Linux-based smart TV operating system used by Hisense and Toshiba smart televisions. That means Hisense and Toshiba Smart TV consumers can now access the Disney+ app from their TV with the latest firmware update.
“Our cooperation with The Walt Disney Company is a major milestone for our organisation,” said Guy Edri, EVP of VIDAA USA. “Bringing Disney+ to the VIDAA platform globally is just the first step. We’re looking forward to working with Disney on ways to expand our collaboration and opportunities to bring their full suite of streaming services to our customers in the future. Today marks not only the launch of an amazing service on a state-of-the-art platform, but a start of a long-term relationship between two companies, each a leader in its industry.”
Now, Hisense and Toshiba users can access Disney+‘ full library right from the app, including titles from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic, and including the streaming service’s Halloween specials and top trending titles like What if…?, The Simpsons, Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and more.
With Disney+, you get:
- A premium ad-free experience
- Exclusive new Originals from the creators of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic
- Access to new releases, timeless classics and past seasons of your favorite TV shows
- GroupWatch, a way to watch Disney+ together, even when you’re apart
- The capacity to watch on four screens at once at no extra cost