Since launch DIRECTV NOW has been quietly updating its apps to address many common issues. Yesterday DIRECTV NOW once again rolled out a major update to many of its apps.
The following is a breakdown of what is new from the iOS update: (Note: Many of the fixes rolled out to other versions also.)
- Added ability to swipe from first channel directly to the last channel and vice versa.
- Changed to display episode image instead of series image in the Continue Watching row on the Home Screen.
- Improved support for picture-in-picture on iPad.
- Improved error message for QP1401 errors.
- Fixed QP1004006 error that occurs when resuming from the background on Apple TV.
- Fixed the positioning of the “Extras” button when it receives focus on Apple TV.
- Fixed the display of episode titles.
Although this is still far from fixing all the issues that DIRECTV NOW may have, it is a step in the right direction. Hopefully it continues to fix some of the more common issues with a Roku release just weeks away.
Glitches and errors in new services are nothing new. You can try your best to prepare for everything that could possibly go wrong but until the service goes live you never really know what will happen.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.