Update: We now have new details on the date of DirecTV NOW coming to Roku Players. Click HERE to find out more.
That left many Roku owners upset that they could not access DirecTV NOW on their Roku. But we have good news for you. In early 2017 Roku owners will be able to stream DirecTV Now on their Roku players and Roku TVs.
In a statement on Roku’s website they posted:
AT&T announced that it will launch DIRECTV NOW, a new live over-the-top (OTT) streaming service, which will be available in the first quarter of 2017 on Roku players and Roku TV models in the U.S.
Here are all the devices currently supported by DirecTV NOW.
- DirecTV NOW will be available at launch through the following:
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- Android mobile devices and tablets
- iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
- Chromecast (Android at launch; iOS in 2017)
- Google Cast-enabled LeEco ecotvs and VIZIO SmartCast Displays
- Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Safari web browsers
In 2017, DirecTV NOW plans to add more devices to the lineup including Amazon Fire tablets, and Smart TVs.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.