Amazon’s early Black Friday sale is now live, and if you have been thinking about getting an Echo Show 5, we have good news. Right now, they are at the lowest price ever. Right now, you can get the brand new 2023 Echo Show 5 for just $39.99, which is the lowest price the Echo Show 5 has been at in 2023, half off the original list price.
This is a great smart speaker that can also work as a small TV for things like Amazon Prime Video.
Here is how Amazon describes the new Echo Show 5 2023:
- ALEXA CAN SHOW YOU MORE – Set alarms and timers, sleep soundly with a relaxing playlist, start your morning with a smart home routine, see your calendar or weather clearly – all with your voice.
- SMALL SIZE, BIGGER SOUND – Stream your favorite music, shows, podcasts, and more from providers like Amazon Music, Spotify, and Prime Video—now with deeper bass and clearer vocals. Includes a 5.5″ display so you can view shows, song titles, and more at a glance.
- KEEP YOUR HOME COMFORTABLE – Control compatible smart devices like lights and thermostats, even while you’re away.
- SEE MORE WITH THE BUILT-IN CAMERA – Check in on your family, pets, and more using the built-in camera. Drop in on your home when you’re out or view the front door from your Echo Show 5 with compatible video doorbells.
- SEE YOUR PHOTOS ON DISPLAY – When not in use, set the background to a rotating slideshow of your favorite photos. Prime members also get unlimited cloud photo storage.
- STAY CONNECTED WITH VIDEO CALLING – Use the 2 MP camera to call friends and family who have the Alexa app or an Echo device with a screen. Make announcements to other compatible devices in your home.
- DESIGNED TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY – Amazon is not in the business of selling your personal information to others. Built with multiple layers of privacy controls including a mic/camera off button and a built-in camera shutter.
- DESIGNED FOR SUSTAINABILITY – This device’s fabric is made from 100% post-consumer recycled polyester yarn and aluminum is made from 100% recycled aluminum. The device packaging is 100% recyclable.
|Size||5.8”W x 3.6”D x 3.2”H (147mm x 91mm x 82mm)|
|Weight||16.1 oz (456 grams) Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process|
|Display||5.5” touch screen|
|Camera||2 MP camera with built-in shutter (Photo quality/size may vary)|
|WiFi connectivity||Dual-band wifi supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wifi networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) wifi networks.|
|Amazon Sidewalk||A shared network that helps compatible devices work better at home and beyond the front door. If wifi is lost, Sidewalk enables certain devices to stay connected. Also, Sidewalk helps devices like water sprinklers and pet locators work over longer distances. Sidewalk uses a small portion of your internet bandwidth to provide these benefits to you and your neighbors via Sidewalk Bridges (participating Echo and Ring devices), and is turned on for your device unless you have previously turned off the setting. You can turn off Sidewalk at any time. Learn more about Sidewalk.|
|Bluetooth connectivity||Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Show 5 or from Echo Show 5 to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.|
|Audio||Full range 1.75” built-in speaker.|
|System requirements||Echo Show 5 comes ready to connect to your WiFi. The Alexa app is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices and also accessible via your web browser. Supported operating systems. Certain skills and services may require subscription or other fees.|
|Setup technology||Amazon wifii simple setup enables customers to connect smart devices to their wifi network in a few easy steps. WiFi simple setup is another way Alexa is always getting smarter. Learn more about frustration-free setup.|
|Processor||MediaTek MT 8169 B|
|Accessibility features||To enable features that personalize Alexa to your abilities, go to Settings → Accessibility.|
• Tap to Alexa enables access to Alexa via touch, instead of speech, through on-screen tiles or a keyboard, including the ability to save your favorite actions.
• Adaptive Listening provides customers more time to finish speaking before Alexa responds.
• Preferred Speaking Rate enables customers to control how fast or slow Alexa speaks.
• Alexa Captioning, Call Captioning, and Closed Captioning provide text captions in any mode for supported content.
• Show and Tell helps customers who are blind or visually impaired identify products when you say “Alexa, what am I holding.”
• VoiceView screen reader enables access for customers who are blind or visually impaired.
• Screen Magnifier enables customers to zoom in/out, and pan around the screen.
• Notify When Nearby will play notification sounds when you’re detected near your Echo device.
• Kindle Read Aloud will have Alexa read your Kindle books aloud.
• Real Time Text enables customers to type live text in a video call.
• Alexa Accessibility features also include settings for Color Inversion, Color Correction, Request Sound and more.