Customers will be able to use their Samsung smart TV to replace their set-top box if they have a traditional cable TV service. Subscribers to Comcast’s streaming service will also be able to use their Samsung TVs to access their content.
Number of Streams
You can use Comcast Instant TV on up to two devices at once.
You can store up to 20 hours of HD programming with your cloud DVR. You are limited to two simultaneous recordings at once. Watching DVR recordings does count toward your two-stream limit.
When Comcast’s Instant TV was in beta, they required you to have their modem to use the service. Now they have updated their help pages to say:
- An XFINITY-compatible cable modem or Wireless Gateway (customers with XFINITY Internet service will have compatible equipment already)
You will no longer need to rent their modem to use their live TV streaming service. You just need an XFINITY-compatible cable modem.
Here are all the add-ons Comcast currently offers:
- Sports and News ($30 per month): CNBC, CNN, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPNU, Fox Business, Fox News, Fox Sports 1, Golf Channel, MSNBC, NBC Sports, NFL Network, and regional sports networks based on the market.
- Entertainment ($15 per month): A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, BET, Bravo, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, E!, Food Network, FX, FXX, Hallmark Channel, History, HGTV, Lifetime, OWN, Syfy, TBS, TNT, TV One, USA, VH1.
- Kids and Family ($10 per month): Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform, MTV, National Geographic Channel, Nick Jr., Nickelodeon, NickToons, Universal Kids, TeenNick, TLC.
- Latino ($5 per month): BabyFirst, CNN en Español, Cine Dinamita, Cine Latino, Cine Mexicano, Cine Sony Television, Discovery Familia, Discovery en Español, Galavisión, History en Español, Pasiones, Viendo Movies, Vme Kids.
- Deportes ($7 per month): beIN, beINñ, ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes, LAS, NBCUniverso, Univision tDN. (Telemundo, Unimas, and Univision are provided when not included in the broadcast tier)
Source: Light Reading
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.