Here is a statement Channel Master posted on their Facebook page:
We are pleased to announce that the Stream+ now supports extended program guide information provided by the Google Live Channels application! This new feature is available to all Stream+ owners by simply updating the Live Channels App from the Google Play Store.
Here is how you can run the update:
- Press the Home button on the remote control
- Go to the Google Play Store and log in.
- Navigate down and select ‘My Apps’
- Navigate right to the ‘Live Channels’ tile and select it.
- Select ‘Update’.
- You will see a progress bar while installing.
- Once it is updated, ‘Update’, will change to ‘Open’.
- Go back to the Home screen or press the Guide button.
- You go through a series of 5 screens. Press OK to go through each screen.
- Live Channels
- A simple way to discover content.
- Download apps, get more channels.
- Customize your channel line-up
- Set up your sources.
- In the ‘Set up your sources’ screen, highlight ‘TV Tuner’, (do not select it) and then navigate to the right to ‘Done’ and select it.
- It should then open the guide.
- Use the ‘Back’ button to leave the Guide.
- After another minute or two, go back into the Electronic Program Guide (EPG) and you should get 14 days of guide data on most channels that are associated with your DMA. (TV market)
- The EPG length of time may vary, depending on your Internet speed and the number of channels you receive.
- NOTE: Depending on the ‘total number of channels scanned in’, you may not get all 14 days of EPG.
- Shows EPG data for ~14 days if number of total channels in the guide is less than 100 channels scanned in.
- Shows EPG data for ~7 days if number of total channels in the guide is between 101 to 200 channels scanned in.
- Shows EPG data for ~3.5 days if number of total channels in the guide is between 201 to 300 channels scanned in.
- This may change with a future update.
- Now you can resume normal operation.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!