CBS wants to air at least 12 original series next year on CBS All Access and Marc DeBevoise, president and chief operating officer of CBS Interactive, says there maybe even more, as reported by Broadcasting + Cable.
During the Television Critics Association (TCA) press event, DeBevoise said that original programming is a “tremendous driver” for All Access. Some of the originals coming up with series premieres and new seasons include:
- Discovery, part of the Star Trek franchise with season 3 coming up
- Lower Decks, an animated Star Trek series
- Picard, featuring Sir Patrick Stewart in his iconic role as Jean-Luc Picard
- Console Wars, a documentary about the Nintendo vs Sega rivalry of the 90s
- Why Women Kill, starring Lucy Liu and Ginnifer Goodwin
- Tell Me a Story, from Kevin Williamson puts a new spin on fairy tales
Check out the currently airing originals, including The Good Fight and The Twilight Zone reboot on the CBS All Access site.
While upcoming streaming services including Disney+, HBO Max, and Apple TV+ will also be coming in with original content, CBS All Access has the advantage of already being an established service with a dedicated subscriber base. In fact, DeBevoise predicts that CBS All Access and Showtime will have 25 million subscribers combined by the end of 2022.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!