Looking for TV show recommendations? Philo has launched a new phone line you can call to get recommendations for movies and TV shows to watch on the streaming services you already subscribe to, Philo customers or not. The limited time “Philo Phone Line” is in celebration of the streamer’s three-year anniversary Nov. 14 and World Television Day on Nov. 21.
TV fans can call Philo on the toll-free line, 855-924-3225 every day from 6-9 PM ET to get bingeworthy recommendations for TV, reality seasons, Christmas movies to watch through the holiday season, and more from a team of TV experts waiting to give you some suggestions about what to watch on various streaming services.
You’ll also want to check out this catchy jingle made in-house by the Philo folks:
The phone line will feature recorded messages from celebrities including
- Lt. Joe Kenda, Investigation Discovery’s Homicide Hunter
- DJ Pauly D, MTV’s Jersey Shore: Family Vacation
- Whitney Way Thore, TLC’s My Big Fat Fabulous Life
- Brian Ross, Law & Crime’s Brian Ross Investigates
- Eboni K. Williams, REVOLT Black News
- Cameron Mathison and Debbie Matenopoulos, Hallmark Channel’s Home & Family
- Frankie Celenza, Tastemade’s Struggle Meals
Philo has reached more than 800,000 subscribers and was the fastest-growing traditional and live TV streaming service in the first half of 2020, with 300% year-over-year growth.
“I think we have broadly approached the market differently than a lot of our peers,” said CEO Andrew McCollum. “We focus on providing value to our customers and put a lot of attention on delivering a valuable product at a sustainable and low price. The Phone Line is an extension of providing TV for everyone through a fun experience that mirrors our brand.”