Here is everything new on Britbox in January 2020:
- January 1, 2020: Wallander, Seasons 1-4 (North American Exclusive Premiere) – Based on the award-winning Wallander novels by Henning Mankell, this award-winning series is set in the dramatic and beautiful landscape of southern Sweden. The show is fronted by its titular character, Kurt Wallander (Kenneth Branagh), a brilliant detective who takes each murder case he works on personally and will stop at nothing in his search for the truth, even at the expense of his health and family life. Also starring Tom Hiddleston.
- January 1, 2020: Mrs. Brown’s Boys New Year 2019 (US Exclusive Premiere – Now)
Brendan O’Carroll stars as the loudest, proudest mother in Ireland, who likes nothing better than meddling in the affairs of her friends and family. In this New Year’s Special, everyone in the Brown household is concerned at the news that the poisoner Peggy Piper has been released from prison, Winnie especially. All seasons will debut later this month.
- January 7, 2020: Silent Witness, Season 23 (North American Exclusive Premiere – Now) – Nikki Alexander (Emilia Fox) leads a team of forensic pathologists in this thrilling British crime drama. Making its debut in 1996, the series created by Nigel McCrery returns for its 23rd season with even more puzzling crimes to investigate.
- January 10, 2020: This Farming Life, Season 3 (North American Premiere) – The agricultural documentary returns, following the ups and downs of six new farming families in Scotland and Northern Ireland as they face tough economic times and an uncertain future. Whether dealing with the difficulties caused by a sick herd of cattle or battling against a bitter snowstorm, they must withstand all that the elements throw at them. With joy and heartache in equal measure, This Farming Life reveals the secrets of a singular profession.
- January 17, 2020: London Road (New to BritBox) – Starring Oscar winner Olivia Colman and Oscar nominee Tom Hardy, this feature film adaptation of the National Theatre’s sold out verbatim-style musical captures the true events of a 2006 tragedy. Members of the Ipswich community band together for the betterment of their town after the quiet, rural city is shattered by the discovery of the dead bodies of five women.
- January 21, 2020: Vera, Season 10 (US Exclusive Premiere – Now) – The longest-running British-born detective series with a female lead is back for the 10th series. Two-time Oscar nominee Brenda Blethyn returns as Detective Chief Inspector Vera Stanhope, whose offbeat manner and appearance belie a knack for catching killers, but not without the aid of her trusted colleagues. Each episode is a standalone storyline that keeps viewers on the edge of their seat. The crime drama series is based on the beloved Vera Stanhope Mystery novels written by Ann Cleeves (Shetland).
- January 28, 2020: Mrs. Brown’s Boys, All Seasons (US Exclusive Premiere) – Brendan O’Carroll brings his hysterical matriarch persona, Mrs. Agnes Brown to BritBox as its new exclusive U.S. streaming home. Determinedly old-fashioned and politically incorrect, the sitcom centered around the loud-mouthed Irish matriarch whose favorite pastime is meddling in the lives of her six children and her friends has become a cultural phenomenon internationally.
*NOW titles are ones that come to BritBox shortly after their UK debuts.
**Subject to change without warning.
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!