DISH on Thursday unveiled a new smartphone protection program called Boost Protect. The plans starts at $2.75 a month, with a tier that comes with AppleCare that starts at $8. It’s available to Boost Mobile and Boost Infinite subscribers.
With this deal, you will get the ability to repair your phone if damaged and a host of security features to keep you safe online.
The offer is designed to give you peace of mind on your smartphone, which has increasingly become more expensive even as it plays a bigger role in your life. A protection plan ensures you’ll continue to use your phone if something happens to it.
“We’re offering Boost Protect to give our customers an elevated level of protection that matches the investment in and complexity of today’s smartphones,” said Michael Kelly, president of retail wireless at DISH Wireless. Plus, the added convenience and availability of AppleCare Services to Boost subscribers through Apple’s retail locations and Apple Authorized Service Providers delivers unmatched service and an exceptional customer experience.”
The price of the plan will depend on how much your phone is worth. The cheapest $2.75-a-month plan covers loss or theft for phones valued at $1,500 to $1,999, but doesn’t come with AppleCare. The cheapest AppleCare plan starts at $8 while the most expensive version at $18 a month covers loss, theft damage and malfunction and covers phones valued at $1,500 to $1,999.
The plans don’t fully cover everything, and there are varying amounts of deductibles covering loss, screen and other damage. The $2.75 plan, for instance, has a $349 deductible for loss and theft.
Here is what you will get with this new Boost Protect Plan
● Safe Browsing & Phishing Detection: Browse the web worry-free.
● Wi-Fi Threat Detection: Safe transition off bad Wi-Fi networks.
● System Advisor: Exposure alerts to security vulnerabilities.
● Breach Report: Timely alerts on relevant corporate breaches.
● Lock & Wipe: Lock your device and delete personal information via your personal portal. 6
● Locate & Scream: Find your lost or stolen device and sound an alarm.
● Device Threat Protection: Email with last known device location and front-facing photo. 7
● Signal Flare: Email with device’s last known location when its battery gets low.
● Lost Message: Post a custom message on your device’s lock screen.
There are a dizzying array of options. You can learn more about Boost Protect HERE.