Today AT&T announced they have hired TBS original programming executive Billy Wee and former Nickelodeon and Disney executive Nikki Reed as VP Kids and Family Scripted Originals for HBO Max. This comes from a report published by Deadline today.
“Our kids and family team is extraordinary,” Jennifer O’Connell, HBO Max’s EVP of Original Non-Fiction and Kids said in a release announcing the hires. “Billy has extensive experience in animation and strong relationships within the animated creative community, as well as substantial ties with our colleagues at both Warner Brothers Animation and Cartoon Network. Nikki has worked for the industry’s premiere kids and family networks and has developed some of the most popular kids shows. These two are the perfect architects to build our animated and scripted kids and family business with a tone and personality unique to HBO Max.”
This comes as AT&T has announced other new execs on the HBO Max team including:
- Sarah Lyons, SVP of product experience, who previously held various positions within DIRECTV including VP of OTT media products, responsible for the DIRECTV Now product, and the launch of its AT&T TV video platform;
- Katie Soo, SVP of growth marketing, who hails from Warner Bros., Hulu and Dollar Shave Club;
- Keith Camoosa, SVP of data insights and operations, who was formerly in Warner Bros.’ research and analytics department;
- Jess Miller, VP of project management, who was instrumental in the launch of AT&T’s DIRECTV Now service; and
- Reid DeRamus, senior director of business operations, who was formerly with Otter Media’s Crunchyroll anime business.
Rounding out the team are a group of execs from other areas of WarnerMedia. Those include Lionsgate veteran Sean Kisker, who will serve as EVP and chief strategy officer for Otter Media and Warner Media Direct-to-Consumer (reporting to Goncalves). Kisker will work closely with Josh Walker, chief strategy officer and EVP of financial planning, WarnerMedia Entertainment (reporting to Jessica Holscott, EVP and CFO of WarnerMedia Entertainment).
“We have gathered an all-star team of executives whose innovative contributions have directly advanced the digital media industry. I am so proud to be a part of this journey as we bring HBO Max to market and continue to transform this space,” said Goncalves. “Andy’s experience and leadership are essential for this effort and his partnership at Otter Media helped the company thrive at a time of significant change in the marketplace.”
HBO Max is set to launch in spring 2020. An exact date has not yet been announced.
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!