Last week AT&T told B&C that HBO Max would be launching in late 2020. This means we likely have about two more months until HBO Max is available for potential subscribers.
AT&T has a history of last-minute delays. AT&T TV was meant to launch in February 2020 but was delayed until March 2020, for example. It is possible that since we are still about two weeks away from the HBO Max launch that this launch date could change too. There have even been reports that AT&T is considering moving the launch up as millions of Americans are now sitting at home watching TV, though AT&T has said they won’t be moving up the launch. For now, AT&T seems content to continue with the May 2020 launch date.
Here are some HBO Max highlights that we already know:
- HBO Max will launch in May 2020. (The exact date has not been announced.)
- The service will cost $14.99 per month.
- The library will have 10,000+ hours of content from a variety of networks.
- HBO Max will include everything HBO Now offers.
- The launch of HBO Max will not eliminate HBO Now or HBO Go.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!