This morning, during the annual Upfront presentation, Hulu CEO Mike Hopkins announced the launch of the company’s brand new live TV streaming beta service, along with Hulu’s new user experience, to the public. Beginning today, viewers who subscribe to the Hulu with Live TV (Beta) plan can enjoy live and on demand programming from more than 50 popular sports, news, entertainment and kids’ channels — plus Hulu’s existing streaming library all for $39.99 per month. (You can find the full list of channels and regional sports networks HERE.) This includes 50 hours of recording storage, up to six individual profiles and two simultaneous streams per account, with options to upgrade to an enhanced Cloud DVR and unlimited in-home screens.
One of the things they did not talk much about was what apps you could login with as a Hulu live TV beta subscriber. The good news is in their FAQ they list the following as apps that you can use as a Hulu live TV beta subscriber:
- Watch ABC
- Watch Freeform (formerly ABC Family)
- Watch ESPN
- Watch Disney
- Watch Disney XD
- Watch Disney Junior
- Fox Now
- FX Now
- Nat Geo
Here is detailed look at the new Hulu live TV beta:
Here are the add-ons currently available for Hulu’s new live TV beta.
● Enhanced Cloud DVR ($14.99/month): Subscribers can upgrade to 200 hours of recording storage and more powerful cloud DVR capabilities, allowing them to record as many shows as they want to at the same time and watch from anywhere. With the Enhanced Cloud DVR, Hulu will record new episodes of any show or games of any team that viewers have designated as a favorite, and they will be able to fast forward through recorded ads.
● Unlimited Screens ($14.99/month): Hulu’s Unlimited Screens add-on gives viewers as many simultaneous streams as they want in the home, and three outside the home.
● Enhanced Cloud DVR + Unlimited Screens ($19.99/month): Viewers can bundle both product add-ons together and save $10.00.
● SHOWTIME ($8.99/month): Fans of SHOWTIME can add the channel, giving them unlimited, on-demand access to all of SHOWTIME’s award-winning original series, box office hits, documentaries and specials.
Additional premium network add-ons will become available soon.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.