Today Nvidia announced that they have started to roll out Android TV 8.0 Oreo to Nvidia Shield players.
This update brings a refreshed home screen that promotes your favorite TV shows, movies, music, games, and apps on a single screen.
One of the other big additions is the Play Next row. Play Next rows display the movies and shows that you haven’t quite finished watching and the latest games that you’re playing. You can add movies, shows, or games that you want to play next to the Play Next row as well. To add content to the row, hold the Select button and choose Play Next. Not all apps support this feature, but apps are regularly adding support.
Here are a few new features found in the 8.0 update:
- Hold Home button to see All Apps
- Hold Back button to bring up Settings, including Sleep Now
- Double press Home button to bring up Recent Apps
- Hold Select button (or A button on gamepad) on content to add to Play Next
- Hold Select button (or A button on gamepad) on apps to move or remove
- While on a Channel-row, navigate all the way left to move or remove it
You will also find a host of back-end improvements with Android TV 8.0 on the Nvidia Shield.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.