Today Amazon and DIRECTV STREAM announced a new partnership to add its live TV content to the Fire TV home screen.
“Fire TV customers in the U.S. now have another way to enjoy live TV with their DIRECTV STREAM subscription. Through a new integration, Fire TV enhances the live entertainment experience for customers by improving searchability of linear channels and seamlessly integrating DIRECTV offerings into the ‘Live’ tab and Guide in the Fire TV UI.” Amazon said in a statement.
With this move, it will be easier than ever to watch DIRECTV STREAM on the Fire TV home screen.
Here is what you can expect:
- Recently Watched: Fire TV will surface channels you recently watched on the Home screen.
- On Now: Discover live channels directly through this row on the Home screen.
- ‘Live’ tab: Conveniently browse favorite channels, live sports, and breaking news events.
- Guide: See what’s airing now and in the next 14 days with one click via your Fire TV remote or the ‘Live’ tab.
- Search: Display integrated results for live TV and apps.
- Alexa: Use Alexa on your Fire TV device to search for linear airings, pull up the Guide, and simplify channel discovery for live TV via voice, e.g. “Alexa, tune to ABC in DIRECTV.”
Here is how to add DIRECTV STREAM to your Fire TV home screen:
- Go to the ‘Live’ tab
- Scroll down to the last row, titled “Options”.
- Select “Live TV Sources”.
- Add and manage all live sources.