Officially the Fire TV box was discontinued back in 2017 when the Fire TV pendant version was released. Now though it seems Amazon has a few of these boxes lying around as Amazon is once again selling the 2nd Gen Fire TV Box with 4K for $89.99. This box comes with a 2 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A53 chip and dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi with 2×2 MIMO.
Many have loved this old Fire TV box as it offered a built-in USB port and ethernet without the need for an adapter. If you want something with more power though you may want to think about getting the Fire TV Stick 4K as it comes with better 4K HDR and a faster quad-core 1.7 GHz process for a cheaper price. The processor may be slightly slower but the quad-core processor gives you a far better experience than the dual-core. Add in the better 4K HDR and for most the Fire TV Stick 4K maybe a better guy at $49.99.
You can find the 2nd Gen Fire TV Box from Amazon HERE.
About the Fire TV Box:
- Fire TV supports 4K Ultra HD for true-to-life picture quality. Watch high-definition 1080p streams on Amazon Video, Netflix, YouTube, Hulu and more, even without a 4K TV.
- Enjoy over 15,000 apps, games, and Alexa skills including access to over 300,000 TV episodes and movies on Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO NOW, Hulu, and more.
- Launch and control content with the included Alexa Voice Remote. Simply say, “Play Game of Thrones” or “Launch Netflix” and Alexa will respond instantly. Plus, play music, find movie show times, order a pizza, and more—just ask.
- No cable or satellite? No problem. Watch the best of live TV and sports from AMC, HGTV, ESPN, FOX, and others with a subscription to DIRECTV NOW, or top-rated primetime shows with CBS All Access.
- Find the best way to watch with universal search results from over 140 channels and apps including Netflix, Showtime, and Amazon Video
- Includes 75% more processing power than the previous generation Amazon Fire TV, a dedicated graphics engine, better Wi-Fi support, 2 GB of memory, 8 GB of storage and expandable storage of up to 200 GB
- Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost. Plus, members can add over 100 premium and specialty channels like HBO and SHOWTIME—no cable or satellite subscription necessary.
- Play current favorites or quickly discover what to watch next directly from the Home screen
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews. Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.