Last night was the first live NFL game Amazon has ever streamed. Well, there were some minor hiccups during the pregame show with some readers reporting having to reload the stream over once the game started it was a smooth experience for most of our readers.
Looks really great to me on Roku tv. Really crisp picture. No buffering issue. Amazons servers and cloud service is second to none.
— Brandon Brotzman (@BrandonBrotzman) September 29, 2017
This is the first real tests of Amazon’s ability to live stream sporting events something they hope to do more of in the future. Word is Amazon is bidding on rights to sports from several different leagues including the Premier League.
Past the fact that it was a great technical achievement for Amazon it was a great moment for cord cutting. Slowly more events are opening up to cord cutters free of the need for a 2-year contract. Hopefully, more sports and other events continue to become more accessible.
Here is the full NFL on Amazon schedule:
- October 5: New England vs Tampa Bay
- October 12: Philadelphia vs Carolina
- October 19: Kansas City vs Oakland
- October 26: Miami vs Baltimore
- November 9: Seattle vs Arizona
- November 16: Tennessee vs Pittsburgh
- November 30: Washington vs Dallas
- December 7: New Orleans vs Atlanta
- December 14: Denver vs Indianapolis
- December 25: Pittsburg vs Houston
How was the stream for you? Did you have any issues or was it a smooth experience once the game started?
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.