Next month Amazon is rolling out an over the air TV DVR for the Fire TV. This new DVR will stream your antenna to your Fire TV and mobile devices. Now Amazon has rolled out an update that adds support for the Recast to the Fire TV.
This update was first reported by AFTVnews.com that pointed out that Fire OS 18.104.22.168 that rolled out last week added support in the settings for the Fire TV Recast DVR. Now you will find options to manage channels, live TV sources, and parental controls for your DVR.
Here is everything we know about the Fire TV Recast:
- Fire TV Recast is a DVR that lets you watch and record over-the-air TV at home or on-the-go with a Fire TV, Echo Show, or compatible mobile device—with no monthly fees.
- Watch and record live sports, local news, late night shows, and other can’t miss TV from channels available through an HD antenna like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS, and The CW.
- Record up to 2 shows at once, with enough storage for up to 75 hours of HD programming.
- With a compatible Alexa-enabled device, you can use your voice to search for shows, manage and schedule recordings, and help with other requests. Say things like “Alexa, open Channel Guide” or “Alexa, record ‘Riverdale.’”
- Fire TV Recast delivers the most reliable video streams over Wi-Fi of any over-the-air DVR.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.