Starting in 2024, Amazon Prime Video is introducing an ad-free tier for an additional $2.99 per month. Subscribers in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, and Canada will be the first to have ads introduced in their Prime Video content in early 2024. Later in the year, Amazon will roll out ads in France, Italy, Spain, Mexico and Australia.
The switch to ads is to help Amazon continue its investment in Prime Video and the content on the platform, which has critically-acclaimed and compelling series. Amazon MGM Studios earned 68 Primetime Emmy Award nominations in 2023 and notably, the Amazon Original, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has 80 nominations over its five-season run, making it the most Emmy-nominated streaming comedy of all time.
As ads roll out, the company is aiming to have fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers. Prime members will be notified by email weeks before the platform introduces ads. The additional $2.99 monthly for the ad-free subscription is the cost for US Prime members, the increase for other countries has yet to be announced. While the exact date of the ad-free tier has not been disclosed, will notify Prime members weeks in advance on how to sign up for it.
Now is the perfect time to become a Prime member with plans as low as $6.99 per month, you can unlock all of the benefits of the service at an affordable price.
What Are the Benefits of Prime?
With an Amazon Prime membership, you get more than just access to thousands of titles on Prime Video. The service provides a value like none other with the following shopping and saving benefits.
- Same-day, one-day, or two-day shipping on millions of items for no additional charge
- Exclusive deals and shopping days (Prime Day, Prime Big Deal Days, etc.)
- Stream thousands of songs and podcasts with Amazon Music for free
- Free gaming benefits (Prime Gaming)
- 3,00+ books and magazines (Prime Reading)
- Unlimited photo storage via Amazon Photos
- Free shipping on orders of $100+ at Amazon Fresh Stores
- Free one-year trial of Grubhub+
- Savings on prescriptions at top retailers, including, CVS, Walgreens, and Amazon Pharmacy
- Try up to 6 styles of clothing for free before buying
- and many, many, more benefits that you can view here.