Today Amazon announced a new Kindle Paperwhite reader that includes twice the storage in a thinner and lighter body. Maybe the best feature for fans of reading at the pool or beach is the fact that the new Paperwhite is waterproof.
“Customers love the Kindle Paperwhite, and we’re excited to bring premium features—like a thinner and lighter flush-front design, additional storage, waterproofing, and Audible—to our most popular Kindle,” said Kevin Keith, Vice President, Amazon Devices. “We’ve also included six months of Kindle Unlimited for free so you can enjoy even more great content, including books, audiobooks, comics, and magazines. With the all-new Kindle Paperwhite, it’s never been easier to get lost in a story no matter where you go.”
The new Kindle Paperwhite also includes a new home screen to make finding your books even easier. You will also find new information like how many days in the past month you read along with fun facts and tips to help you know more about your Kindle.
More about the new Amazon Kindle Paperwhite:
- The thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet—with a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight.
- Now waterproof, so you’re free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool, or in the bath.
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics, and audiobooks.
- Now with Audible. Pair with Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to your story.
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours.
- The built-in adjustable light lets you read indoors and outdoors, day and night.
- Get instant access to new releases and bestsellers, plus over a million titles at $2.99 or less.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!