We all love our big-screen TVs, but they are not always what you want people to see when they are over. Now Amazon has expanded its Ambient Experience with a new Dynamic Art collection that will display personalized, always changing artwork through your Fire TV smart TVs.
Amazon says their new Dynamic Art uses an algorithm to adapt to your current environment to create personalized pieces of artwork. These new images are always evolving and responding to real-time environmental cues like ambient light, weather patterns, and time of day. This should help be something interesting and new for your TV when people are over or you just want something interesting to look at.
“To create this collection, Fire TV collaborated with contemporary artist Samuel Stubblefield, along with his technical lead, Ethan Rainbolt. Stubblefield’s works have been shared around the globe at places like the Venice Art Biennale, Art Basel in Miami, and in the Smithsonian Design Museum in New York. Our Dynamic Art collaboration uses the Fire TV Ambient Experience to move Stubblefield’s explorations from a museum setting to the home using the television screen of the Omni QLED Series as the canvas.” Amazon said in its announcement today.
Here is an example of what this art may look like:
This new always-on art is currently only available on the Fire TV Omni QLED Series TVs in the United States, Canada, Germany, Mexico, and the United Kingdom starting today. Hopefully, this feature will come to more Fire TV devices soon.
To use this feature make sure you have updated your Fire TV OS and simply ask Alexa to “go to Ambient gallery.” There you will find an option for a Dynamic Art background.
Here is how Amazon describes its Omni QLED series TVs:
- Stunning 4K Quantum Dot Display (QLED) – Makes movies, shows, and live sports pop in brighter, richer, and more lifelike colors.
- Advanced HDR – Scenes leap off the screen in deep, realistic color with Dolby Vision IQ and HDR10+ Adaptive. HDR10 and HLG are also supported.
- Adaptive Brightness – Fire TV automatically optimizes the brightness of movies and shows through a built-in sensor that detects the lighting in your room.
- Bolder contrast – Experience deeper darks and brighter whites with full array local dimming in 80 individual zones enhancing contrast.
- Fire TV Ambient Experience – Turns your TV screen into a canvas for displaying over a thousand pieces of free artwork, personal photos, helpful Alexa widgets, and more.
- Watch what you want – Stream over 1 million movies and TV episodes. Watch favorites with subscriptions to Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, and more.
- Hands-free TV with Alexa – With built-in microphones, just ask to turn on the TV, and find, launch, and control content, so you can put down the remote.
- Build your home theater – With Alexa Home Theater you can wirelessly pair Echo speakers using the Alexa app, or connect a soundbar or an AV receiver.
- Connect all your devices – Use the 4 HDMI inputs to connect to cable or satellite and video game consoles. The HDMI eARC lets you add audio equipment for enhanced sound.
- Designed to protect your privacy – Built with privacy protections and controls, including a switch that electronically disconnects the microphones.