How this works is you tell Amazon what device you want to trade in. Amazon will give you an offer for your trade-in. If you accept the offer they will give you a free shipping label to send in your streaming player. Within 7 days after they verify its condition, you will get a credit to be used for a new Fire TV and a $0.99 Amazon Gift Card.
Now just so you know 20% off is nice but if you have a high-end Roku or Apple TV, for example, you likely can get far more selling it on your own. Yet some of the lower end Roku players or Chromcast this may not be a bad deal as 20% off is a full refund on a Chromecast or and is more than what a Roku Express is sold for new. Just make sure to carefully read what they offer you as a trade-in.
How this works:
Once your trade-in is accepted, add a new 4K Fire TV device to your cart and a 20% discount will be applied at checkout. You will also get a bonus $0.99 Amazon Gift Card which you can use to stream a movie, buy an app, and more, on your new Fire TV.
- This is a limited time promotion. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
- Qualifying trade-ins must be completed on Amazon.com by 8:59 a.m. (Pacific Time) March 29th, 2019 and sent to us within 14 days from trade-in submission.
- Trade-in eligible devices will be reviewed in accordance with the Amazon Trade-In Terms and Conditions and any applicable Condition Criteria. You will be eligible for an Amazon.com Gift Card and the discount towards a new qualifying Fire TV streaming media player only if your trade-in item is accepted.
- The discount towards a new qualifying Fire TV streaming media player can be used only toward the purchase of qualifying Fire TV Stick 4K or Fire TV Cube that are shipped and sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC and does not apply to other digital products, used products, or products sold by sellers other than Amazon Digital Services LLC.
- Once your streaming media player trade-in is accepted, you can place a Fire TV Stick 4K or Fire TV Cube in your cart and the discount will be automatically applied at checkout. The bonus 20% off savings will expire at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on May 31st, 2019.
- The discount towards a new qualifying Fire TV streaming media player may be used only once and may not be combined with other offers. The discount towards a new qualifying Fire TV streaming media player may be combined with an Amazon.com Gift Card value, including any Amazon.com Gift Card value you receive from your trade-in.
- If you selected Instant Payment and you cancel the trade-in, your trade-in is not received within 35 days, the item you submitted for trade-in was rejected or the item is downgraded to a lower trade-in value and at the time of your submission you opted to receive the lower trade-in value rather than have the item returned to you, you authorize us to first deduct any charges from your Trade-In Amazon.com Gift Card, with any remaining balance charged to your credit card on file.
- If you selected Instant Payment and received a promotional discount toward the purchase of a new qualifying Fire TV streaming media player and you cancel the trade-in, your trade-in is not received within 35 calendar days, or your trade-in is rejected, then you authorize us to charge your payment method for the amount of the promotional credit used.
- Offer is limited to one per customer and account.
- Shipping charges may apply to your order of a new qualifying Fire TV streaming media player. If you redeem this offer towards a new qualifying Fire TV streaming media player and return the streaming media player, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies.
- Trade-In rules and restrictions apply. See Amazon Trade-In Terms and Conditions.
- Gift Card restrictions apply. See Amazon.com Gift Card Terms and Conditions.
- If you violate any of these Limited Time Promotion Terms and Conditions, the offer will be invalid.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!