Last week Amazon started to raise the price of its Fire TV Sticks in Europe by as much as 20%. So far there has been no price change in the United States, but in Europe, the prices are up by as much as 20% for the Fire TV Stick 4K.
This is a very rare price hike for Amazon as they rarely change the list price of an Amazon product until a new model has been released.
Amazon has always maintained different pricing in the US vs. other parts of the world. Amazon has not announced any price changes here in the United States. At the time of this posting, one Euro is worth about $1.09 US Dollars.
Here is how Amazon describes the Fire TV Stick 4K Max:
- Our most powerful streaming stick – 40% more powerful than Fire TV Stick 4K, with faster app starts and more fluid navigation.
- Support for next-gen Wi-Fi 6 – Enjoy smoother 4K streaming across multiple Wi-Fi 6 devices.
- Cinematic experience – Watch in vibrant 4K Ultra HD with support for Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR10+ and immersive Dolby Atmos audio.
- Endless entertainment – Stream more than 1 million movies and TV episodes. Watch favorites from Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Peacock, and more, plus listen to millions of songs. Subscription fees may apply.
- Live and free TV – Watch live TV, news, and sports with subscriptions to SLING TV, YouTube TV, and others. Stream for free with Freevee, Pluto TV, Tubi, and more.
- Alexa Voice Remote – Search and launch content with your voice. Get to favorite apps quickly with preset buttons. Control power and volume with one remote.
- Do more with your smart home – View the front door camera without stopping your show using Live View Picture-in-Picture. Ask Alexa to check the weather or dim the lights.
- Game on – Fluid gameplay and fast-rendering graphics with a 750Mhz GPU. Access popular games with a Luna cloud gaming subscription.