Today, Amazon announced they will be adding new ads to the Fire TV screen and expanding others. With new ads on search, the home screen and more.
These include expanded AI-powered search ads. These new search ads will show sponsored content next to the content you search for on the Fire TV.
On the home screen, you will now see new ad cards in the suggested content rows on the Fire TV home screen. With this, advertisers will be able to place their ads inside categories like Horror as you scroll through the home screen.
Fire TVs will now also place nonmedia ads at the very top of the home screen. In the past, these only offered ads for media. Now, you will find ads for things like Galaxy Buds2 Pro that you can buy from Samsung.
Here are all the new ad options for advertisers on the Fire TV:
- New Fire TV and Fire TV Channels Direct Deals options.
- For the first time, managed-service advertisers are able to request access to Amazon exclusive inventory across Fire TV, providing more STV flexible ad buying options, through two new Fire TV deals offerings:
- Exclusive Fire TV Devices deals (including Fire TV Sticks, Fire TV Cubes, and Fire TV Smart TVs), allowing advertisers to surface messages to Fire TV streaming customers across their favorite streaming content.
- An exclusive buy across Fire TV Channels, unlocking advertising customers a run-of-service placement on Fire TV Channels, Fire TV’s free ad-supported video content service that offers Fire TV customers frictionless playback of many under-served categories beyond movies and TV Shows. For example, Sports, News, Entertainment, Gaming, Cooking, Travel, and Music Video content.
- Expanding Feature Rotator access to brand advertisers.
- For the first time, Fire TV is offering non-media and entertainment brands the opportunity to connect with audiences via the first slot in the hero placement Feature Rotator, the first thing a customer sees when they turn on their TV.
- Fire TV native ads have a unique audience compared to Streaming TV. Fire TV on-device ad placements provide an average 125% greater incremental reach when added to Streaming TV ad campaigns.
- New advertising bundles.
- Amazon Ads product suite now allows advertisers to reach and connect with connected TV audiences at scale, as they browse for and enjoy premium content, through high impact and immersive ad experiences, in their living room.
- Adding Fire TV native display ads, such as Feature Rotators or Inline banners, to an STV video campaign can help increase incremental reach and drive more brand impact.
- We’ve seen an increase of 153% YoY retail brand awareness growth compared to STV alone.
- Expanding the AI-powered search functionality to advertisers with Fire TV Search Ads.
- Search Ads are new display ads within Fire TV’s search tab that allow advertisers to reach customers on a greater scale, and deliver the right ad to customers as they search for content.
- For example, if a user searches for a movie or TV show within the “horror” movie genre, an advertiser who targets that genre will have a Sponsored Tile appear next to their search query.
· Advertisers buying Sponsored Tiles will be eligible to show Ads on the Search screen along with other existing screens covered by Sponsored Tiles, with no extra effort.
- Contextual Sponsored Tiles.
- Advertisers can either specify genres they want to target, or leverage Amazon’s machine learning (ML) service to auto-contextualize. Ads will then be delivered in the most relevant locations as customers browse through the Fire TV UI or search for specific queries.
- For example, if advertisers select the “horror” genre to target, their Ads will appear as customers search for “horror movies” to watch and/or scroll through the “Nightmares Guaranteed” Ad row on Fire TV.
· Fire TV is the first in industry to market a contextual offering for Display Ads, leapfrogging competition in this space to improve Advertiser outcomes and end customer experience on CTV.