Did you know you can use your Fire TV as a gaming system? With Amazon’s Luna gaming service you can use your Fire TV or Fire Tablet to play games on your TV. To make it even better Amazon today announced that Ubisoft games like Assassin’s Creed Mirage are now available on the FIre TV and Fire Tablets with Luna.
To be able to play it on your Fire TV, you will need a game controller. Right now, Amazon’s official Luna Wireless Controller is on sale for $39.99, down from the typical $69.99.
If you’re not already an Amazon Luna member, sign up now to get access to its massive collection of games spanning action, adventure, indie, shooter, racing, classics, and other genres. After a 7-day free trial, an Amazon Luna subscription only costs $9.99 per month and you can cancel at any time.
What else does Amazon Luna offer? Members can play as many games for as long as they want, and team up with friends and family. You can also link your Ubisoft account to play PC games through the Luna library. Games play at up to 1080p/60 fps and are supported on PC, Mac, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Chromebooks. Android and iPhone users can download Luna from the app store or on the web.
- Fire TV Stick (2nd Generation and newer)
- Fire TV Cube (1st Generation and newer)
- Fire TV (3rd Generation)
- Toshiba Fire TV Edition
- Insignia Fire TV Edition
- Fire TV Edition (2018 and newer)
- Fire TV 2-Series
- Fire TV 4-Series
- Fire TV Omni and Omni QLED Series
To check which Fire TV device you have, visit Which Fire TV Device Do I Have?
Check out Set Up Amazon Luna on Your Fire Tablet for more information.
- Fire 7 (2019 and newer)
- Fire HD 8 (2018 and newer)
- Fire HD 10 (2019 and newer)
Here is how Amazon describes the Luna controller:
- BUILT FOR AMAZON LUNA – Designed to provide an ideal playing experience on Luna, Amazon’s cloud gaming service.
- WORKS ACROSS YOUR DEVICES – Windows, Mac, Fire TV, Fire tablet, iPhone, iPad, Chromebook, and Android devices.
- SEAMLESS SCREEN SWITCHING – When playing on Luna, pause your game on one screen then pick up right where you left off on another.
- CONNECT VIA WIFI – Connects directly to Amazon’s custom game servers using Cloud Direct technology for low-latency gameplay.
- CONNECT VIA BLUETOOTH – Use Luna Controller as game controller on any Bluetooth-compatible device.
- CONNECT VIA USB – Connect directly to your Windows, Mac, and Android devices via USB cord.
- BUILT FOR GAMING – Offset thumbsticks, easy-access bumpers, precise triggers, responsive action buttons, and a 4-way directional pad.
- LAUNCH GAMES WITH ALEXA – Press the mic button and ask Alexa to launch games on your Fire TV or Fire Tablet. Try “Alexa, play Team Sonic Racing on Luna”