Amazon today announced a new line of additions to its Fire Tablet lineup–the all-new Fire 7 and all-new Fire HD 8. The new Fire 7 features a thinner and lighter design, an improved 7″ IPS display with higher contrast and sharper text, longer battery life with up to 8 hours of mixed use, 8 GB of storage with support for up to 256 GB of expandable storage, and better Wi-Fi connectivity. The all-new Fire HD 8 offers a 8″ HD display with over 1 million pixels, a quad-core processor, up to 12 hours of battery life, 16 GB of storage with support for up to 256 GB more, plus Alexa. Both Fire Tablets are available for pre-order starting today.
“We think customers should expect more from their tablet–better hardware, more features, access to tons of great content–but shouldn’t have to pay a premium for it,” said Kevin Keith, General Manager, Fire Tablets. “Our approach is to offer premium products at non-premium prices. The all-new Fire 7 is thinner and lighter, offers an improved display, longer battery life, and better Wi-Fi connectivity–while keeping the same low price of $49.99. For only $30 more, the all-new Fire HD 8 offers a vibrant 8″ HD widescreen display, up to 12 hours of battery life, faster performance, and 16 GB of storage. Plus, both tablets include Alexa–it’s an incredible value we think customers will love.”
Both of Amazon’s latest Fire Tablets include:
- Alexa–Simply press and ask to play videos, enjoy music, listen to audiobooks, ask questions, shop, find news, display the weather, and more on your Fire tablet.
- Quad-core 1.3 GHz processor–Quickly and easily switch between apps, stream movies, and browse the web without waiting for your tablet to catch up.
- Durability–As measured in tumble tests, Fire 7 and Fire HD 8 are both more durable than the latest generation iPad.
- Front- and rear-facing cameras–Video chat with friends and family with the front-facing camera; take and share photos, and save them for later with free, unlimited cloud storage for all photos taken on Fire devices.
- Fast Wi-Fi connectivity–dual-band Wi-Fi with support.
- Screen Sharing–let an Amazon expert guide you remotely through any feature on your screen, available 24×7, 365 days a year–for free.
- Amazon-exclusive features–Alexa, ASAP, X-Ray, Second Screen, Amazon FreeTime, Family Library, Blue Shade, On Deck, Prime Video downloads, and more.
- World-class content ecosystem–Access to millions of movies, TV shows, songs, books, magazines, apps, and games–with free, unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content.
- New color options–Black, Punch Red, Marine Blue, and Canary Yellow.
The Fire Family
Fire 7 is $49.99 and Fire HD 8 is $79.99–both will start shipping on June 7. Order the new Fire 7 at www.amazon.com/fire7; order the new Fire HD 8 at www.amazon.com/firehd8.
Protective covers are also available for Fire 7 and Fire HD 8 in multiple colors and can stand in both landscape and portrait orientations. Fire 7 protective covers are $24.99 and Fire HD 8 covers are $29.99.
The Fire Family
Fire 7 Kids Edition is $99.99–order at www.amazon.com/fire7-kids-
In addition to the Fire Kids Edition tablets, Amazon also today introduced the all-new Fire 7 and all-new Fire HD 8 tablets. To learn more about the Fire 7 visit www.amazon.com/fire7; to learn more about the Fire HD 8 visit www.amazon.com/firehd8.
As a special introductory offer, Fire tablets are available in a multi-pack option–so that every member of the family can enjoy one. Buy any three Fire tablets–including the all-new Fire 7, Fire HD 8, Fire 7 Kids Edition, and Fire HD 8 Kids Edition–and save 20 percent.
In addition to Fire 7 and Fire HD 8, Amazon also today introduced the Fire 7 Kids Edition tablet and Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet. Both will also start shipping on June 7–order Fire 7 Kids Edition at www.amazon.com/fire7-kids-
As a special introductory offer, Fire Tablets are available in a multi-pack option–so that every member of the family can enjoy one. Buy any three Fire Tablets–including the all-new Fire 7, Fire HD 8, Fire 7 Kids Edition, and Fire HD 8 Kids Edition–and save 20 percent.
Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.