83% of TWC Subscribers to See a Price Hike & Spectrum Says Don’t Bother Threatening to Cancel….


By

on

in


A young woman is sitting in her kitchen and is loking at her receipts at home while using a smart phone

A young woman is sitting in her kitchen and is loking at her receipts at home while using a smart phoneIt seems the old trick of threatening to cancel cable to get a better deal is going away now that TWC is Spectrum. As Spectrum is getting ready to update TWC subscribers pricing to Spectrum pricing.

Recently Charter Communications Chief Executive Thomas Rutledge spoke at an investment summit about the rising costs of Spectrum for former Time Warner Cable subscribers.

“There were 90,000 separate offers and many of them were deeply discounted and they were piled on top of each other,” said during a recent investment summit.

Bottom line: Promotional pricing is for new customers only. Deals for existing customers are fading away. Calling customer service and threatening to depart for a competitor doesn’t carry sway with Charter as it did with Time Warner.

“It was a Turkish bazaar,” Rutledge said of Time Warner’s pricing policies. “You’d call in and bargain and you’d get a package.”

Further price adjustments for former Time Warner customers may be on the way. Rutledge said just 17 percent of the Time Warner legacy customer base is on Spectrum pricing. The remaining 83 percent may be in for surprise when they open their next Spectrum bill.

Some customers have reported recent price jumps as high as 44 percent.

What can you do to avoid the rate hikes?

If you are a Spectrum customer it may be time to consider switching. The good news is you have options. In many Spectrum areas you can switch to DSL and still get unlimited data at a decent speed. I live in a Spectrum area that has 100 Mbps down DSL as an option.

My suggestion is to look at switching to Toast.net as a way to get unlimited Internet without all the price hikes. Don’t live in an area that offers Toast.net? Centurylink still offers unlimited data in many areas.

If you still have Spectrum TV service maybe its time to look at DIRECTV NOW, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, or one of several other services. Need more help? Checkout our Cord Cutting 101 Guide.

Have you been affected by Spectrum’s price hikes? Leave us a comment and let us know how high it has pushed its prices.

Source: Pressconnects

Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

Disclaimer: To address the growing use of ad blockers we now use affiliate links to sites like http://Amazon.com, streaming services, and others. Affiliate links help sites like Cord Cutters News, LLC stay open. Affiliate links cost you nothing but help me support my family. We do not allow paid reviews on this site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Please select all the ways you would like to hear from :

You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website.

We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.