Sling TV today announced “Optimized for Sling TV,” a new certification program designed to ensure Sling TV viewers have an optimal experience across platforms. Launching today, the program currently includes the AirTV Player and Xiaomi’s Mi Box. This allows them to use the “Optimized for Sling TV” logo on future packaging and will be recognized on the Sling TV website.
“We have set a high standard with our device partners to continually improve Sling TV’s performance,” said Ben Weinberger, chief product officer of Sling TV. “The ‘Optimized for Sling TV’ program is designed to elevate that standard and highlight our dedication to our device partners, including Xiaomi and AirTV, to develop new paths for improving Sling TV.”
“Sling TV continues to lead the live TV streaming industry, and the new ‘Optimized for Sling TV’ program assures customers that Mi Box currently provides a fantastic Sling TV viewing experience,” said Hugo Barra, Vice President of International of Xiaomi. “A quality experience is a priority for us, and as a launch partner for the program, we have been working closely with Sling TV’s engineers to develop a great experience that highlights Sling TV’s capabilities.”
The “Optimized for Sling TV” program can accommodate a variety of platform configurations. At launch, Sling TV says they will work with potential partners to create a unique and innovative experience.
Sling TV listed to following criteria to be considered as a “Optimized for Sling TV” device:
- Auto-launch: The device automatically launches into Sling TV when turned on, making it easier than ever to get to Sling TV’s live and on-demand content quickly.
- Pre-loaded App: Manufacturer pre-loads Sling TV on the device in a prominent location, so no additional download is required to access Sling TV.
- Sling TV Button: The device remote includes a Sling TV button, allowing customers to access their content in a single step.
- Easy Access: The Sling TV app is presented as the default live TV app or has prominent placement and is easily accessible in the app store.
- TV Content Integration: Live programming from Sling TV is included in the device’s top content section for one-click access.
- Integrated Over-The-Air Content: The device contains over-the-air (OTA) tuners that support integration of OTA content directly into the Sling TV guide.
- Wi-Fi Optimization: The device enables Wi-Fi in the home, providing a superior viewing experience for Sling TV.
- Included in Device Setup: Sling TV is included in the out-of-box set-up for the device.
- Fast Performance: The device quickly launches Sling TV and loads content right away.
- Latest Sling TV Version: The device must support the most updated build of Sling TV, giving customers access to the latest features.
Sling TV expects additional partners to join the program in the coming months.
Source: Sling TV Press Release
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.