I am proud to announce that Cord Cutters News will be one of the sponsors of Parks Associates Connections conference the premiere connected home conference.
Here is a little bit about the Connections conference from Parks Associates.
Parks Associates highlights new consumer research at pre-show research workshop: Smart Home and IoT: Growth, Consumer Trends
Research from Parks Associates shows that while familiarity with smart home products is still low, there is more and more interest from consumers to integrate connected products in the home.
- 5% of U.S. broadband households own a smart plug/adapter module.
- S. broadband households with smart light bulbs own 2.4 of these products on average.
- 92% of U.S. car owners perform an activity that requires a mobile or Internet connection while driving.
- 19% of U.S. broadband households plan to buy a smart major appliance in the next 12 months.
- 70% of U.S. broadband households with smart energy devices report saving money due to reduced energy consumption
The International research firm will highlight new research at the pre-show research workshop, Smart Home and IoT: Growth, Consumer Trends, held prior to the opening sessions and opening keynote at CONNECTIONS: The Premier Connected Home Conference. The 21st-annual conference, held May 23-25 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco, examines the use cases and emerging business models that will successfully engage consumers and grow revenues in the converging IoT industries, including smart home, connected entertainment, and mobile ecosystems.
The pre-show workshop, Smart Home and IoT: Growth, Consumer Trends, offers a unique opportunity to hear insights from Parks Associates research team, including new consumer data, as well as open, interactive discussions with key industry leaders. Understanding how consumers perceive the value of connected products in the home is important for the industry. The workshop will help provide a mix of consumer data and insights as well as interaction with key leaders developing and selling these products to consumers. Outside participants include:
- Derrick Dicoi, Executive Director, Xfinity Home Product Management, Comcast
- Joe Liu, CEO, MivaTek
- Peter Radsliff, VP, Marketing, Arrayent
- Noelani McGadden, Vice President of IoT, PlumChoice
- Christopher Carney, Co-founder & CEO, Abode Systems, Inc.
- Elizabeth Mathes, Director of Smart Home, The Home Depot
- Avi Rosenthal, President, IoT Consulting, LLC
- Andrew Thomas, Co-founder and CRO, SkyBell Video Doorbell
- Jean-Pierre (JP) Abello, Sr. Director, Global Engineering R&D, Nielsen
- Greg Berkin, Managing Director, Concours Ventures
- David Meyers, Chief Commercial Officer, Grid4C
- Jeff Patton, GM Connected Home Products, GE Lighting
Parks Associates analyst team presenting research at the workshop includes:
- Tom Kerber, Director, IoT Strategy, Parks Associates
- Brad Russell, Research Analyst, Parks Associates
- Patrice Samuels, Senior Analyst, Parks Associates
Session Topics include:
- Adoption of Smart Home Devices
- Industry Insights: Growth and Business Models
- Winning Support Strategies for IoT
- Distribution and Channel Strategies
- Industry Insights: Channel Strategies
- Consumer Insights: Device and Network Security
- Interoperability: Ease of Use
- Industry Insights: Next Stages of Growth
CONNECTIONS opening sessions begin at 3:15, featuring sessions “The Future for the Connected Consumer” and “OTT Video Services: Entertainment for a New Generation.” Comcast will present the opening keynote, Humanizing Connected Home Experiences: Using Machine Learning and Voice Control at 4:30 pm.
For more information about CONNCETIONS, visit www.connectionsus.com