After months of rumors, finally we have the official announcement of the 5th generation 4K HDR Apple TV bringing with it several major and much needed upgrades.
The following is what is new on the 5th gen Apple TV:
- 4K HDR Support
- HDR 10 & HDR Dolby Vision Support
- Updated User Interface Now in 4K (Looks the same as the old just in 4K now)
- Apple doubled the speed of the Apple TV processor
- iTunes 4K movies at the same price as HD movies
- Older HD movies are being upgraded to 4K for free
- Netflix 4K HDR support
- Later this year Amazon Prime Video 4K HDR Support
- Apple’s TV app coming to Canada & Austrailia this month and more countries later this year
- Apple’s TV app adds live supports to their TV app for apps like WatchESPN
The new Apple TV 4K starts at $179 and goes up from there starting September 22nd.
The Apple TV 4K looks very similar to the old Appel TV and uses the same remote as the 4th gen Apple TV.
The question now is how will this hold up to the new Fire TV and rumored new Roku streaming devices. Apple has been stuck in fourth place for the last few years in the US market; however, it now has a new and improved Apple TV that can stand up against the current Fire TV and Roku lineups.
So what do you think of the new Apple TV? Leave us a comment and let us know.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.